We’re all business, mostly.
When travelling for work, sometimes all you need is some space to yourself to get things done or a quick activity to reenergise your most important person – you.
We love our location because Coogee Beach and the surrounding local village area is jam packed with options to power up or unwind and refresh even when you are time poor.
MOSTLY ENERGISED – Top 5 things when you only have 30 minutes
- Coogee Stairs – run or walk (no judgement here) the 217 steps for a quick fitness break that will get the heart rate up. A popular pre-season training spot for many Sydney professional sports teams, at a sprint this will only take you a few minutes!
- Coastal Walk – let the sea breeze and ocean views refresh your mind and boost your productivity. Walk as far along as you have time for whether to Gordon’s Bay or Shark Point not too far along or the well-known Waverly Cemetery or even all the way to Bondi!
- Ocean Pools – nothing is more refreshing then 20 laps of an ocean pool. Try the Ross Jones Oceans Pool, Wylies Baths or McIver Ladies Baths.
- Fitness Class – half an hour or so is just enough time to do a quick class like boxing on the beach.
- Retail Therapy – Looking for something a little less active? Enjoy the local charm of Coogee Village and indulge in some shopping. We love Black Boho and LivedIn Coogee or just take a wander up Coogee Bay Road.
- Hit the GYM – always the easy option – within the hotel and open 24 hours a day.
- Take a refreshing dip in the Hotel Pool – quick, invigorating and that instant refresh.
MOSTLY SOCIAL – Find the perfect coffee (and stay productive with WiFi)
Visiting for a conference and need some time to in a small group away from the crowds? Here are our favourite places to duck out to and have some peaceful moments. Enjoy and coffee and the wifi access at:
- Bluesalt Bar – with stunning views overlooking Coogee Beach – it is the most convenient place to “log on or log off”.
- Oceans dining & drinks – with a great seasonal menu, daily specials and great vibe, it is sure to delight.
- Cali Press – so much more then such coffee, take your health kick up a notch with a smoothie bowl and cold pressed juice.
- Barzura – have meal or just a snack and breathe in the ocean views.
- Coogee Pavilion – settle in for some quality alone time with a snack, a drink and your laptop in the ground floor of this iconic establishment.
MOSTLY INSPIRED – Create some zen and find some mental space
Need some time to yourself or looking for a de-stress? Here are our local finds that we love:
- The Living Room – yoga with a view to re-centre and revive
- Wylie’s Wellness – enjoy some morning meditation as well as yoga and pilates in this iconic location
- Coogee Beach – create your own personal class, download a yoga app (we enjoy Yoga.com Studio) and find a quiet piece of sand