Vivid Sydney is making a welcome return this year for it's biggest festival yet. Get ready to enjoy 23 days of mesmerising and thought-provoking light displays, art, local musicians, educational talks and interactive experiences to the city. Kicking off on the 26th of May, right through to the 17th of June 2023, come and see Sydney in a whole new light.
Make your way along the longest light walk in the history of the festival, spanning 8.5km between Central Station and the Sydney Opera House at one of Australia’s leading winter festivals. Now entering its tenth year, Vivid Sydney is recognised as being the largest event of its kind in the world.
Explore impressive light installations that bathe Sydney in a kaleidoscope of colours, featuring some of the city's most loved icons. Dance the night away to music performances and collaborations with Vivid Music. And take part in creative discussions and debates that are designed to ignite the imagination. This year, Vivid Sydney 2023 is one event you don’t want to miss.
The popular annual festival is set to be one of it's busiest years yet, so plan early & get your Sydney accommodation close to the city and by the beach booked!
Highlights of Vivid Sydney 2023
Vivid Sydney is perfect for families. With a range of kid-friendly activities and attractions, along with plenty of family-friendly shows and performances to enjoy, Vivid Sydney 2023 is a great option for a fun-filled night out.
- From 5 pm every Saturday of the event, Vivid Kids at Tumbalong puts on a kid-focused night. With acts including Tiptoe Giants, Junkyard Beats, Zindzi and the Zillionaires and, Peter Combe & the Bellyflop in a Pizza Band.
- If you've only got one night, make the most of it by exploring the largest Light-Walk in Vivid history, stretching 8.5km from the Sydney Opera House to Central Station. Enjoy 11 locations illuminated by mesmerizing light artworks.
- A Vivid Harbour Cruise is a great and stress-free way to enjoy the light installations with the kids or as a couple, whilst experiencing the gorgeous views of Sydney Harbour. With dozens of cruises available at different price points, there's something for everyone.
- Treat yourself to a Vivid Sydney Dinner, the ultimate way to kick-start your night where light, music, ideas and cuisine come together into a very special feast for the senses. Leading the culinary experience is Merivale Executive Chef, Ben Greene and chef Danielle Alvarez. The menu will feature fresh, seasonal produce from NSW with a premium wine paring.
The Best Vivid Sydney 2023 Accommodation
Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach is the perfect place to stay when visiting Sydney for Vivid Sydney 2023. Located just steps away from the beautiful Coogee Beach and just 20-minutes from some of the biggest and best light displays and installations of 2023 - there are plenty of reasons to stay at Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach with an array of accommodation offers available to tailor your experience.
To help you make the most out of your time in Sydney, here’s everything you need to know about Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach and why it should be your number one choice.
Easy access to Sydney CBD
Located just a short 20-minute drive or 30-minute trip on public transport, Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach is close enough to the heart of the action at Vivid Sydney 2023, but far enough away to be able to enjoy some much-needed quiet downtime at the beach during the day.
If you’re staying at Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach and prefer to leave your car in the car park - front desk can book a taxi to take you to Vivid when you’re ready or there are always plenty of Ubers in the area. Alternatively, you can take the bus which departs every 10 minutes from Arden St at Carr St, just a short 2-minute walk from the hotel. The hotel also displays an array of facilities for guests including an indoor gymnasium, outdoor pool & two onsite restaurants.
Downtime on the beachfront
Not only is Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach right on the beachfront, but it’s also within close proximity of some of Sydney's most iconic beaches such as Bondi, Clovelly, Bronte and Maroubra. Enjoy long lazy days under the sun as you explore some of the best activities, attractions and areas of natural beauty in the Eastern suburbs.
The nearby ocean pools of Wylie Baths are perfect for those travelling with kids and looking for a swell-free swim. Walk in the footsteps of millions of others on the Coogee to Bondi beach walk, taking in the stunning beaches of Clovelly, Bronte and Tamarama. From swimming, surfing and snorkelling - or simply making the most of a seaside holiday, Coogee is hard to beat.
Rooms made for sweet dreams
With 209 stylish, well-appointed rooms and suites to choose between, there’s something for every type of guest. Stay in one of our Premium Ocean View Rooms and wake up to stunning sea and headland views from your very own private furnished balcony. Kickstart your day with a refreshing rain shower before heading down to breakfast, with eggs cooked exactly how you like them. Plus, all of the amenities you need for a truly memorable experience are inclusive of your stay.
If you want to make your stay extra special, there’s no better choice than our hero suite, the Reef Suite. Featuring an ensuite bathroom, separate living room, two oversized balconies and two large flat-screen TVs, a plush King bed, lavish bedroom, furnishings and amenities, plus sweeping Pacific ocean views - add a touch of indulgent elegance to your trip.
Delicious cuisine with flavours of the Mediterranean
No visit to Coogee would be complete with rooftop cocktails overlooking the beach. On-site restaurants, Shutters Restaurant and Estate Coogee serve up mouthwatering menus featuring hearty Australian favourites, fresh seafood and meals with a Mediterranean or Mexican flair.
Of course, when you stay at Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach for Vivid 2023, you’ll definitely want to indulge in the best breakfast around. Savour the flavour of every single bit, whether it’s a freshly poached egg on warm buttery toast, mountains of bacon, sausages, mushrooms, beans, fresh pastries, fresh fruit, or Bircher muesli - take breakfast on the Terrace and kick start your day the right way.
From beachfront dining and balcony bars within easy walking distance, you’ll find a fantastic selection of authentic Italian, Thai, Indian, Mediterranean and Chinese restaurants in Coogee - along with lively pubs and cafes to enjoy - all without masses of people disturbing your day.
New refurbished facilities
Aside from having the best accommodation for Vivid Sydney 2023 in the Eastern suburbs, you’ll find everything you need for a relaxing and comfortable stay from morning to night - and everything else in between.
- Large outdoor swimming pool with ocean views and poolside dining
- Well-equipped gym with a great selection of health and fitness machines
- Dining at Shutters Restaurant and Estate Coogee
- 24-hour in-room dining with gluten-free and vegan options available
- 24-hour reception and concierge to assist you during your stay
- Secure undercover self-parking with direct lift access to the lobby
- 209 stylish and modern recently refurbished rooms and suites
- King and Twin bed options, finished with plush bedding
- Public transport into Sydney Central just 80m from the hotel
Enjoy the best of Vivid Sydney 2023 with easy access to the best family-friendly beaches, attractions and activities in Sydney. Take advantage of stylish, modern and comfortable Sydney beachfront accommodation without the crowds, noise and traffic - Plus, with Sydney CBD being a short drive away you can go from the hotel to Vivid Sydney in just 20-minutes.
Make the most of your holiday by spending fun-filled days at the beach with the kids and nights exploring amazing light installations, musical performances and shows in the city. Whether travelling with family, friends or as a couple, you’ll find a room perfect for your needs.