Spring Racing Fever in Sydney
It’s that time of year again when the Sydney Everest Carnival rolls around for eight weeks of world-class racing, and incredible fashion!
Kicking off mid September, the hottest tickets in Sydney are with the Australia Turf Club races held at Royal Randwick between Saturday, 17th September – Saturday, 5th November 2022.
Set up your weekend directly opposite picturesque Coogee Beach. Crowne Plaza is the ideal choice for those who embrace the festival atmosphere and enjoy a flutter, whilst being close and accessible to Royal Randwick.
Savour uninterrupted views of the Sydney coastline, with flexible cancellations & no deposits upon booking.
Currently accepting Stay & Parent NSW vouchers until 9 October 2022
Best Flexible Rate
FREE Cancellation until 6:00 PM local hotel time the day of arrival
Optional delicious buffet breakfast in Shutters Restaurant
3% OFF and late check out for IHG® One Rewards members
Complimentary internet for all guests
Estate goes Bottomless!
Planning on enjoying the morning with friends before the races?
Estate Coogee welcomes all guests to a bottomless brunch each Saturday across the Spring Racing Carnival between 10 - 11am, against a perfect beachside backdrop.
Get your crew together and enjoy 2-hours of free flowing beer, wine & cocktails.
Choose from two different packages, starting from the Standard at $79pp or Premium at $99pp.
*For groups larger than 10, email email@example.com
Royal Randwick Schedule
Saturday 17 September
Fujitsu General George Main Stakes Day
The Everest Carnival commences in style at Royal Randwick. The highlight of a stellar raceday is the Group 1 $1 million Fujitsu General George Main Stakes, a race won three times by legendary mare, Winx. The multi-ARIA Music Award nominated dance group Sneaky Sound System will guarantee an epic end to the raceday.
Saturday 1 October
TAB Epson Day
TAB Epsom Day is one of the great days on the racing calendar featuring three Group 1 races headlined by the Group 1 $1.5 million TAB Epsom. After racing, don’t forget to head to the theatre of the horse, where Queen Forever, Australia’s leading Queen tribute act will keep the party going with a live exclusive concert.
Saturday 8 October
Silver Eagle Day
Silver Eagle Day features the best four-year-olds in the country in action in the $1 million Silver Eagle as they head towards the $8m Golden Eagle. Well renown cover band Furnace and the Fundamentals will get the party started n the Theatre of the Horse after the final race.
Saturday 15 October
Everest Day at Royal Randwick is one of Sydney’s most prestigious events. The world’s richest turf race, The TAB Everest attracts the world’s best sprinters and the sixth running of the race will again put the global sporting spotlight firmly on the Harbour City.
Saturday 22 October
Moët & Chandon Spring Champion Stakes Day
The Moët and Chandon Spring Champions Stakes is an elegant, uplifting and eclectic day. On the track the highlight is one of world’s best races for three-year-old stayers, the Group 1 $2 million Moet and Spring Champions Stakes.
Tuesday 1 November
The Big Dance On Cup Day
Royal Randwick is the only place in Sydney to witness live racing on the first Tuesday in November on Cup Day. This year’s event will be bigger and better than ever with the introduction of the inaugural $2 million The Big Dance followed by a major headline music act who will perform after the last race.
Terms and Conditions
- Booking rate applied is the best and least restrictive publicly available rate.
- Rates are subject to room type, day of week and fluctuate according to IHG Hotels & Resorts.
- Canceling your reservation before 6:00 PM (local hotel time) the day of arrival will result in no charge. Canceling your reservation after 6:00 PM (local hotel time) the day of arrival, will result in a charge of 1 night per room to your credit card.
- No deposit required upon booking. Pay when you check out.
- Changes to your reservation are usually acceptable, but always check the hotel's cancellation policy before booking for cancellation fees that may apply depending upon arrival date. Some restrictions apply based on individual hotel policies.
- An additional 3% off applies to all IHG One Rewards members to Best Flexible Rate/s with or without breakfast included. The additional member discount applies for bookings made at participating hotels in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific.
- 10% per night tax fee included in rate. Payments relating to hotels in Australia incur a merchant service fee of 3% for Diners Club & JCB and 1.5% for American Express, Visa, Mastercard and other credit cards, in addition to the total amount payable.
Crowne Plaza Sydney Coogee Beach
242 Arden St, Coogee NSW 2034
(02) 9315 7600